Our current cost for servicing one child for the entire year is $650. Your contribution allows us to provide:
- Scholarships to families who could not otherwise afford our services
- Educational programming to kids in danger of failing at school
- Physical education to help members develop lifetime fitness habits
- Encouragement and support for staying in school and graduating
- Access to experiences that youth may never otherwise have
Your gift at work. Research shows that kids that attend the Club regularly have:
- 35% reduction in absenteeism
- 24% reduction in dropout rates
- 80% reduction in serious discipline problems
Purpose and Goals
The purpose of our endowment is to provide a stable funding source that will be under the control and discretion of the Boys & Girls Club of Farmington.
The Club’s endowment fund is held in trust and is professionally managed locally under the direction of the Club’s Endowment Committee. By policy, only the endowment income, up to 5% annually, is spent on program needs, thus protecting the principle in perpetuity.
Generally, unrestricted gifts to the endowment are added to the general endowment fund and a limited portion of the income from this fund is used annually to support the operations of the Club. Larger gifts may be restricted by agreement between the donor and the Club for specific, ongoing use – such as one of our five core program areas, building maintenance, key positions, scholarships or specialized initiatives below – and may be named to honor the donor, his or her family or some other worthy honoree.
Your gift to the Club’s endowment will provide a legacy of hope and opportunity for untold numbers of youth in the future. Donors making outright gifts to the endowment are recognized and become members of the Club’s Endowment society. They receive regular reports on the status of the Club’s work and on the endowment. In addition, donors who make deferred gifts become members of The Heritage Club, a national recognition society for individuals who include their local Club in their estate plans. They also receive the national Legacy newsletter.
Making A Gift
The Boys & Girls Club of Farmington is a 501(c)3 charitable organization. Gifts to our endowment may qualify for charitable deductions under both the Federal Income Tax and the Federal Estate and Gift Tax laws. The Club accepts gifts to the endowment in many different forms.
- An outright gift of cash or securities.
- An outright gift of real estate or other property.
- A gift of a personal residence or farm with a retained life estate.
- A life income gift to the Boys & Girls Club.
- A Charitable Gift Annuity.
- A Charitable Remainder Trust.
- A gift of a new or existing life insurance policy.
- A gift of an income stream.
- A gift in your will or living trust.
- A gift of retirement benefits.
- Creative combinations of the above vehicles.
For additional information or to arrange a confidential gift planning consultation, without obligation, contact Maria Rodman, Executive Director at 505-327-6396 or via email at email@example.com.